Did you know that ALL:
- your biscuits are baked and decorated by mothers
- your emails are answered by mothers
- our newsletters are written by mothers
- Marketing strategies are thought out by mothers
- Business development is guided by mothers
- Operational structures are defined by mothers
- and the list goes on…
In the Socratic dialogue ‘Republic’, Plato famously wrote: “Our need will be the real creator”. This was later translated into the English proverb: Necessity is the mother of all invention.
Back in 2016, our principal need as mums to young children was to create a work/life balance that allowed us to be the mothers we wanted to be. This meant creating a place of work where our jobs were built around our children, not the other way round.
As we grew this business we kept coming back to that same question: “Are we shaping this to suit our lifestyles? Or are we simply copying what has been done before?”
It’s been the question that has guided us to create a workplace, however unconventional, that works for us and our families.