The 8th of March is International Women's Day (IWD). And if you are looking to pay attention to this in your business then we hope the below post and personalised biscuit pictures will inspire you!
We would love to help you show support for a world of equality by baking IWD-themed biscuits for you. To make your International Women's Day celebrations that little bit sweeter.
Email email@example.com and talk us through your ideas.
Want to delve deeper into IWD? Then read on 👇🏽
IWD isn't just any themed day on the calendar. It's a global movement that belongs to no country, organisation or group! It’s for all of us to get involved by letting our voices rise in unison for a world where every woman thrives.
As Gloria Steinem once eloquently put it, "The story of women's struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organisation but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights." “Because the idea is, in the long run, that women’s liberation will be men’s liberation, too.”
This year's theme, #InspireInclusion, resonates deeply with us at The Biskery. It's a call to action, a reminder that true equality isn't achieved in isolation. It's about celebrating the diverse tapestry of women's experiences, amplifying unheard voices, and breaking down barriers that hinder progress.
We, a team of women from across the globe – the UK, Ukraine, Cameroon, the Netherlands, Germany and Pakistan – are baking up more than just delicious treats.
We're baking inclusion deeper into the fabrics of our society one bespoke biscuit at a time. Through the wisdom of the women who came before us, our own lived experiences, and our title as "working mums". All these fuel our values-led female-founded business to raise the bar for all women.
(Rosa Parks, Princess Diana, Sacagawea, Oprah Winfrey, Amelia Earhart, Emmeline Pankhurst)
On IWD, we recognise the women whose voices speak (and have spoken) loud and clear over the years and decades; their achievements echoing across the world.
But we also celebrate the unseen heroines, the silent forces in communities and homes, who weave the fabric of society with their quiet strength.
Celebrating women shouldn't be confined to a single day. It's a year-round commitment, a journey paved by sometimes small, yet significant, steps.
Here are a few ways we can all #InspireInclusion every day:
- Amplify diverse voices: Seek out and share stories from women who represent different backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. Listen actively, learn from their perspectives, and use your platform to amplify their voices.
- Challenge the status quo: Question biases, both conscious and unconscious. Speak up against discrimination and prejudice, whether it's happening in your workplace, your community, or online.
- Celebrate everyday heroes: Recognise the women who make a difference in your life, big or small. A simple "thank you" or a gesture of appreciation can go a long way in acknowledging their contributions.
- Mentor and empower: Share your knowledge, skills, and experience with younger women. Provide opportunities for mentorship and sponsorship, helping them reach their full potential.
- Support women-led businesses: Choose to patronise businesses owned and operated by women. This not only empowers them economically but also sends a powerful message about supporting gender equality.
- Get involved in the movement: IWD is just the beginning. Stay informed about women's issues, participate in local events and campaigns, and advocate for policies that promote gender equality.
Remember, inclusion is never about ticking boxes. It's about creating a world where every woman feels valued, respected, and empowered to reach for her dreams.
#IWD2024 #InspireInclusion #TogetherWeRise #EqualityForAll